Friday, August 10, 2007

Apologies in Time: The Early Years

Mea culpa events from birth to age 25:

I ripped out one of my mom's earrings when I was a year old. Since then she has never been able to wear earrings.

I was practicing my tennis serve in the family living room and accidentally scraped the ceiling. I colored over the damage with a crayon.

I pushed for "Stand By Me" to be the prom song. The song is only 2 minutes in length and had to be played 15 times during the march. Stand by me, stand by me...

Once when out bicycling with friends my girlfriend collided with another cyclist. She said that she was ok and headed back to her apartment. I continued on with the bike trip. She had a difficult time getting home. It turned out she had a concussion.

I told someone that I had read Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court before. I read Disney's version when growing up.

I once told a co-worker that I had been fly fishing. I've never been fly fishing. That was a difficult conversation to get through.

I worked on twelve losing political campaigns. I want to apologize to the candidates for not doing a better job folding the letters and sealing the envelopes.

I made a friend come with me to a Meat Loaf concert at Summerfest. He wanted to see REM. They were playing at the same time.

Do you have anything to apologize for?

1 comment:

hans q. bungle said...

i have so much to apologize for i choose to forget that everything before fifteen minutes ago ever happened.