Thursday, April 5, 2007

M66 Crosstown

This blog is about my non-linear thoughts on a linear bus route. The M66 Crosstown takes me across Central Park and then back home again. I usually ride it five days a week. Travel time is about 40 minutes each way. The first day of work I walked. Since then I've taken the bus. I like the M66 Crosstown. I smile when I see it. I sometimes run after it when it leaves and am disappointed when it's late. Of course, I've been on other buses. One bus picked me up in Guatemala City, fed me a McDonald's pancake breakfast, showed me Getting Even With Dad, and took me up and around a mountainous landscape. I threw up 16 times on that trip. One woman tried to give me dramamine after the 10th heave. Very thoughtful. I've been quite taken with other buses. Buses have gotten me around Latin America, Japan, Cuba, and the U.S. I have a lot of memories tied to buses. Don't get wrong I prefer to fly and take trains but it seems like I've spent a lot of time on buses. And on long bus rides your mind has time to wander.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I could be wrong, but isn't it illegal for an American citizen to go to Cuba?

I don't really know. That's just what I've heard lately.

Sorry I'm commenting on all your posts. Can't help it. Like your writing.

BC said...

My mistake. I visited Havana, Aruba.

Nicole said...

Ha ha. I hear it's beautiful there.