Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fevers

One of my fevers broke two weeks ago. It was a food related fever. I had been having the same dish, a veggie burger, at the same restaurant almost everyday. It's not that I've never had a veggie burger before, but I liked the taste and somehow it had become comfort food. The fever broke in Whole Foods when I discovered that somewhat healthy packaged Indian and Thai meals only require a five minute boil. In aisle 2, I started to put some distance between myself and the veggie burger. Now I have a fever for prepared Indian and Thai food that comes in a silver pouch. (Full disclosure- I am still eating veggie burgers but less often than I did two weeks ago.)

I am usually running multiple fevers. Food, music, and tv are constants. Some fevers don't last very long. My tv related fever (Scrubs) back in January came and went. Yesterday I had an NFL draft fever that only lasted a couple of hours. I'm running a climate change related fever. I've had that one for the past four months. Attending an Al Gore talk back in March didn't help. I usually run a music related fever. At present, if I don't hear Modest Mouse and Fountains of Wayne each day, then the fever worsens. There are other fevers, usually people related, that linger. These fevers feel much different than the others.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've been having the Scrubs fever too. I've got to get over it, though. My life runs better when I don't rent the past seasons and watch them one episode after the other.

And I feel like the Thai food fever is about to break. For a while I had the feeling that I could eat a red curry every day and be fine with that.

I get what you're saying. My life is phase-obsessive too. I also went through a masala phase where I wanted vegetable masala every day.

BC said...

My Pakistani food fever broke this morning. Food poisoning helps you see the world differently.